|Last update: Tue, 01/19/2010 16:27 CST|
After lots of research on Tankless Systems offered on todays market, Spider Be Gone chooses not to offer Tankless models for reasons listed below.
1. No way to adjust the ph of water supplying the unit, would require a buffering unit to be bought.
2. Water shut off valve could malfunction in unit, Causing flooded yard or garage leading to a high water bill and a big mess.
3. Water supply could be turned off by accident, causing system not to operate
4. They still require as much maintenance as drum models.
5. Higher price compared to drum models.
6.Water supply line could spring a leak and run up a huge water bill before noticed.
7. Ground models give a nice home for ants and other pest to live in.
Pyrethrum works best with a ph reading between 5.5 and 7.0, any reading above a 7 on ph scale will cause Pyrethrum to break down and not be effective
Advantages of Drum System Include
1. Not directly tapped into any water source, no shut off valve to fail which means, no flooding of yard or garage, no high water bill because of valve failer.
2. Ph of water can be changed with buffering agents at time of fill, No charge for buffering ph when we refill.
3. Drum systems have been used for 35+ years and currently are still used today.
4.Not locked in to having to buy chemical in a special container or use of a smart cap.
5. Can be placed where electrical outlet is located without water source close by.
6. Proper mix of chemical with every fill,no regulators to fail giving improper mixture
7. Lower cost to consumer.
8. Pump and motor are off the ground and away from ants and other insects, so no hiding from mist.